Visibility and Insight
Spending less time together in the office can make managing and organising work more challenging. Without excellent visibility you may feel disconnected from others. It can be hard to see your work in a wider context which impairs decision making.
By improving visibility of your workflow it’s easier for everyone to pull in the same direction. Managers have better oversight, and everyone can identify potential problems quickly. Key tasks are much less likely to be forgotten. Conversations are easier to follow and information easier to find.
For an example approach describing how I've worked with clients previously - Click Here
Greater Visability in Practice:
It's not always clear what greater visibility actually means when working digitally.
Here are some examples:
- Knowing who’s doing what, and by when
- Seeing how work contributes towards key metrics
- Knowing where work is delayed or bottlenecked
- Seeing how you can help colleagues
- Receiving help when your work is impeded
- Seeing risks in new plans and getting feedback fast
- Better prioritisation and planning
The ability to easily communicate plans and monitor progress in real time can transform an organisation. Greater visibility opens the door to a more collaborative, profitable and less stressful work environment.
Armed with greater visibility, you can easily analyse where efforts are best placed. Teams can adapt quickly and respond with greater insight and awareness. It's possible for teams to produce twice as much valuable work as before. In one case I've seen a five fold increase in productivity over 12 months. This success was achieved by reprioritising work, streaming processes and allowing team members to assign work differently. None of these improvements would have been possible without greater operational awareness.
To read more about how I can help you raise productivity - Click Here
The key components of a highly visible work environment are:
- Optimised task management tools and workflow visualisations
- Automated KPI dashboards and business intelligence reports
- A clear workspace structure providing access to key files and conversations
- Straightforward working practices aligned to your chosen technology
Better visibility directly leads to a more autonomous and transparent work environment. Employees know their responsibilities and feel accountable. It also helps teams cut down on excessive meetings and focus on core work.
How I Can Help
- Deploy/Optimise Task Management Tools
- Build KPI Dashboards
- Help Organise the Digital Workspace
- Support the Development of New Digital Working Practices
- Identify new tools and processes to improve visibility and collaboration
An Example Approach:
Conduct a short workshop to map current tools and working practices
Work with you to define a brief, identifying both the tools and associated techniques which will create most value.
Design a solution customised to your organisation.
This can include:
- Configuring of simple task management tools,
- Designing accompanying practices and processes
- Helping to create a team guide or knowledge base,
- Creating automated reports and interactive dashboards
- Integrating tools into your workspace
- Workspace redesign
Work alongside employees to implement and refine a best practice approach.
This may include configuring new tools, assisting with policy creation and providing training.
Offer support and advice as required.
To an architect a building design can influence the behaviour and feelings of those who enter the space.Read More
A clear process to research challenges and create a prioritised plan.Read More